- Flown at sporting events, the Ecoflag is an effective
tool for promoting environmental awareness among athletes and spectators,
and introducing environmental actions that can be extended into our everyday
- Many events flying the Ecoflag reinforce the message with a slogan
or catchphrase, which is displayed and repeated throughout the event.
For example, on the FIVB-SWATCH Beach Volleyball World Tour, events are
run under the slogan gKeep the beach clean-think environmenth.
- Environmental messages can be repeated at the event through the
PA system, and environmental information included in official programs
- Include simple actions to reduce the environmental impact of the
event. Depending on the size and type of event, actions could include
reducing/separating garbage, encouraging the use of public transport or
carpooling, reusing food and beverage containers, introducing energy/water
saving measures, and promoting the greduction, reuse and recyclingh of
- Send an e-mail
to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you an Ecoflag.
- Fly the Ecoflag at sporting events while promoting environmental
awareness and action.
- Send a photo and report to the Ecoflag website and we'll share
your actions with a global network of environmentally aware sports enthusiasts.
- Want to get more involved and work towards increasing environmental
awareness and action at many different events? Register as a GSA Team
and approach local event organizers to make the environment a theme of
their events in an effort to draw together a local community of environmentally
aware sports enthusiasts.
- Use the G-ForSE database to learn about environmental action in
sports and use GSA's information handouts to increase awareness among
organizers, athletes and spectators.
- Take action to encourage zero garbage/ garbage separation, sports
equipment reuse, energy saving, shared/public transportation, and other
measures listed on the Ecoflag Card.
- Plant greenery
- Use public transport or carpool whenever possible
- Reuse food and beverage utensils-don't use paper or plastic cups
- Use heaters and air conditioners moderately
- gReduce, reuse and recycleh sports equipment- see Sports-eco.net
- Choose goods made from natural materials
- Use ereusable bagsf when shopping